Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/27 12:44:48 UTC

Re: [discuss] OpenOffice.org Product Roadmap: made by whom ? was: Re: remove of binfilter module

Hi Martin and all,

Thank you, Martin, for posting this to dev@native-lang.openoffice.org
:)

As OpenOffice.org Japanese Language Project is planning to make an
announcement on announce@ja.open.office.org about the accepted
proposal <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal> which I
translated into Japanese
<http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal/ja>, we would
like to include Team OpenOffice.org e.V.'s plan or preparation in our
announcement.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Martin Hollmichel
<ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> So my proposal is continue project decisions the Apache Style but also
> to find a framework to make product decisions in a manner that also the
> concerns of Users, local communities, QA, business partners, etc. get
> honored.

Right.  And we have to tell community members, users, companies, local
governments and organizations about our perspective.

> I think we should seek the power of
> _all_ OOo communities, users and businesses to achieve significant
> growth to make OOo a better and successful product. And I did not even
> included wishes like ODF Viewers, mobile and Cloud services around OOo.

I agree with you.  And we have to tell them and listen to them about
future of the product.

> My offer is to develop (with all concerned parties) a new charter for
> all the groups mentioned above (as a successor of the Community Council
> Charter) and enable the project to have own development resources. The
> non profit organization Team OpenOffice.org e.V. played in the past just
> the role of being the cash box of the CC in a quite defensive way
> (http://download.openoffice.org/contribute.html, will you find the path
> to donate ??), now Team OOo is preparing to offer a link between
> business, communities, users and developers to enable growth on the new
> futile ground we are now moving on.

What has Team OOo prepared so far?
What is the link Team OOo will offer?

Thanks,