Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jesse Long <jp...@unknown.za.net> on 2012/05/02 10:48:01 UTC

Status of wicketstuff jquery integration

Hi All,

I'm interested in using features of the jquery integration in
wicketstuff, but it seems it is not being maintained. The version of
jquery packaged with the wicketstuff-jquery jar seems to be 1.3.2, which
is quite old already. Am I missing something? Is there a preferred way
of integrating jquery into wicket?

(WiQuery adds 10Mb to my war. JQWicket looks good, but why choose it
over wicketstuff-jquery)?

I also note that the wicketstuff-jquery project does not make use of the
wicketstuff-jslibraries project. Why not? Is wicketstuff-jslibraries the
officially recommended way of including js libraries, or should I look
elsewhere? wicketstuff-jquery method of detecting jquery.js presence
seems like a hack.

Thanks,
Jesse

Re: Status of wicketstuff jquery integration

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jesse?

Add this to your list of options

http://www.7thweb.net/

http://www.7thweb.net/jquery-ui-samples/

Josh.

Posted by Tom Eugelink <tb...@tbee.org>.
As a fairly newbie to Wicket I also found the JQuery integration most confusing (and have abandoned it for now). Too many projects trying to do the same, with only half a documentation and half of the components. IMHO, with Wicket 6 ready using jquery for its Ajax (as I understand it), it could be very wise to more formally adopt JQuery, similar to wicket extentions or DateTime.

Tom

Re: Status of wicketstuff jquery integration

Posted by Istvan Jozsa <jo...@gmail.com>.
Try this: http://code.google.com/p/jqwicket/

Allow high/low level jQuery/UI access.
(sometimes low level JavaScripting is required).
Tried all libraries you mentioned but JqWicket
looks to be the most promising.
To make my life easier I modified it,
JQBehavior extends AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior
(instead Behavior).

stefan

RE: Status of wicketstuff jquery integration

Posted by Hielke Hoeve <Hi...@topicus.nl>.
WiQuery does depend on a small amount of libraries, we are working on minimizing this for Wicket 6.

Have fun.

Hielke

Posted by Jesse Long <jp...@unknown.za.net>.
Hi Hielke,