Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Srinivas Chamarthi <sr...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/09 14:57:44 UTC

supported sql functions

can anyone point me to a documentation on supported sql functions ? I am
trying to do a contians operation on sql array type. But I don't know how
to type the  sql.

// like hive function array_contains
select * from business where array_contains(type, "insurance")

appreciate any help.

Re: supported sql functions

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
These are the feature list
<http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.1.0/sql-programming-guide.html#compatibility-with-apache-hive>
available i believe. You can create a custom udf for the contains. A
similar example is explained on this StackOverflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25031129/creating-user-defined-function-in-spark-sql>
post

Thanks
Best Regards