Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/10 23:32:36 UTC

Re: Willing to help with PMC

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 1:10 AM, Roger Whitcomb <rw...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>     So, let me see if I can give you some good feedback to answer your
> question.
>
> 1. Since I'm not familiar with the Synapse code, I wouldn't be much help
> with any code changes that might be needed.
> 2. If the main problems are associated with ASF procedures, I can
> certainly facilitate communication about that, although I've not been doing
> releases myself even in the Pivot PMC, so doing more than that would
> require some work on my part, but which I'm willing to do.
> 3. But, the main thrust of my wanting to help would be along
> administrative lines:  trying to elicit what the pain points are, trying to
> pull together the PMC to get done what needs to be done as far as a
> release, and then (if required) helping move through a discussion about the
> Attic, if that is what the PMC decides to do.
>
>     Basically, I want to facilitate communication if I can.

As evidenced by the absence of a response to your message, the problem with
this project is not about communication, it's about lack of interest to
continue development and to invest time into a release.

Re: Willing to help with PMC

Posted by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,

Thank you for your interest in helping to continue the project.
I can also help you with doing code fixes. But I won't be able to a drive a
release at this moment.

Thanks.

*Isuru Udana*
Associate Technical Lead