Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/22 08:07:43 UTC

Wish list for features in the upcoming framework release

I think that Bruno's suggestion of creating a "framework-candidate-
release-x" version in Jira would be useful, especially because there
is no official (or even unofficial) list of features/fixes to go in
the framework... probably each of us has its own preferences.
Of course we should try to keep the list small.

Jacopo

Re: Wish list for features in the upcoming framework release

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 26, 2008, at 4:03 PM, David E Jones wrote:

> I like the idea for simple-method. One thing to keep in mind is that
> many scripts are included "in-line" under the current call-bsh tag
> rather than referred to as a file, so we'll have to have the type
> attribute that was mentioned, and we should probably have it default
> to "groovy" (and also support "bsh" or something).

David, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is a really
good point.

> BTW, on a related note, I do NOT like the idea of supporting scripts
> in-line in a screen's action area. It would clutter the screen
> definition making it harder to read and maintain, and it would limit
> reusability of the scripts.

Yes, I agree... I don't think anyone is working on this right now :-)

Jacopo

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Jacopo,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ashish,

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1 for Confluence

From: "David E Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I think the reason images are kept there is because they are considered
"static content" and could be located on another server - for
performance reasons.

-Adrian

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@gmail.com>
> Adrian,
>
> thanks for doing this.
>
> Another thing I would like to discuss is to move the default location
> for catalog and product images (uploaded from the Catalog application)
> outside of the framework: from framework/images to somewhere in the
> runtime folder.
> This is just an idea, there could be technical issues (like loading
> resources that are outside of the "images" web application)... but I
> think that it would be fine to isolate the framework from any of the
> runtime events.

+1 (no ideas about the constraints)

Jacques

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.