Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Lewandowski, Eric" <er...@cgi.com> on 2008/03/28 00:11:45 UTC

Cannot compile jasper report with jasperreports-maven-plugin

Hi !

I have an artifact (jar file) which contains jrxml files and classes
implementing JRDataSource. Theses classes are used in my jrxml files.

I want to use jasperreports-maven-plugin to compile jrxml files. Jasper
compilation fails because it cannot find my classes implementing
JRDataSource, i.e it cannot find the .class files ?

If I compile the java classes, and I compile my JRDataSource in another
step, it's fine !

So, why jasperreports-maven-plugin cannot find my classes generated
during the maven build ?

Here's the definition of jasperreports-maven-plugin in the pom file of
my artefact.

Thanks !

Best Regards !
Eric Lewandowski

      <plugin>
          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
          <artifactId>jasperreports-maven-plugin</artifactId>
          <executions>
            <execution>
              <goals>
                <goal>compile-reports</goal>
              </goals>
            </execution>
          </executions>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>jasperreports</groupId>
            <artifactId>jasperreports</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.4</version>
          </dependency>
        </plugin>

Re: Cannot compile jasper report with jasperreports-maven-plugin

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Please file a JIRA a submit a reproceable sample source.

and better yet, take a look at the source and see if you can fix it :-)

Thanks

-D

Posted by "Lewandowski, Eric" <er...@cgi.com>.
Thanks a lot David !

Adding <phase>compile</phase> solves the problem because it forces the plugin to compile the report after the java classes compilation.

Regards !
Eric Lewandowski

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.