Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Wanja Pernath <wa...@combots.com> on 2006/08/09 15:12:45 UTC

How to get the content of a specified revision using the slide api?

Hi all,

I currently have the problem to access the content of a node using a
specified revision. If I simply do the following:

token.begin();

NodeRevisionDescriptors nrds =
token.getContentHelper().retrieve(slideToken, "/files/test.xml");

NodeRevisionDescriptor nrd =
token.getContentHelper().retrieve(slideToken, nrds, new
NodeRevisionNumber("1.7"));

token.rollback();

I'll get the following Exception:

org.apache.slide.content.RevisionDescriptorNotFoundException: No
revision descriptor found on object /1150222013006.1348

        at
org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.StandardRDBMSAdapter.retrieveRevisionD
escriptor(StandardRDBMSAdapter.java:820

        at
org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.AbstractRDBMSStore.retrieveRevisionDes
criptor(AbstractRDBMSStore.java:709)

        at
org.apache.slide.store.AbstractStore.retrieveRevisionDescriptor(Abstract
Store.java:1148)

        at
org.apache.slide.store.ExtendedStore.retrieveRevisionDescriptor(Extended
Store.java:880)

        at
org.apache.slide.store.BindingStore.retrieveRevisionDescriptor(BindingSt
ore.java:397)

        at
org.apache.slide.store.BindingStore.retrieveRevisionDescriptor(BindingSt
ore.java:403)

        at
org.apache.slide.content.ContentImpl.retrieve(ContentImpl.java:261)

If I want to enumerate all existing revisions via:

Enumeration ern = nrds.enumerateRevisionNumbers();

while( ern.hasMoreElements() ) {

      NodeRevisionNumber nrn = (NodeRevisionNumber) ern.nextElement();

      System.out.println( "Revision: " + nrn.toString());

}

I'll get the following output:

Revision: 0.0

Revision: 1.0

However, if I use the Webdav-ClientAPI or tools like DAVExplorer, all
node revisions are present and the Revision called 1.7 is available too!

Is there anybody who can help me?

Many thanks in advance.

Wanja Pernath

Re: How to get the content of a specified revision using the slide api?

Posted by Martin Petras <pe...@skms.sk>.
Hi,
look at this: