Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by jian chen <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/16 17:24:45 UTC

newbie question, socket closed remotely when receiving email

Hi,

I just installed the latest james release on my machine running windows xp
home edition. After starting the server, I tried to send email from my
hotmail address to it.

However, I could not receive my email. when I looked at the log file, I got
a lot of socket closed remotely exception like the following:

INFO smtpserver: Connection from bay9-f44.bay9.hotmail.com (64.4.47.44)
ERROR smtpserver: Socket to bay9-f44.bay9.hotmail.com (64.4.47.44) closed
remotely.

I searched on the mailing list and other places as well, but could not find
an answer to this issue.

Could anyone help me out? Many thanks!

Jian