Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/06/28 01:24:39 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine/src/java/org/apache/turbine/modules/actions/sessionvalidato r DefaultSessionValidator.java

On 6/27/01 7:13 PM, "Rafal Krzewski" <Ra...@e-point.pl> wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>
>> On 6/27/01 6:39 PM, "John McNally" <jm...@collab.net> wrote:
>>
>>> A couple years ago, back when Turbine was Dash there were references to
>>> Turbine sprinkled around other classes.  I cannot remember the exact
>>> problem, but it was determined that other classes should not reference
>>> the servlet.   These are just constants, but isn't it better to
>>> reference an interface?
>>
>> I don't immediately see any sort of problem. If you found out exactly what
>> the problem was, I'm always willing to listen :-) Was it possibly a
>> problem with previous servlet implementations?
>>
>> I did because I think Turbine.java should eventually be the single
>> point of access/information for the system. I can think of a couple
>> example why I'd like to keep using Turbine.java as the access point.
>
> +1 Jason. I also believe that this is a good approach. We could even
> go as far as making Turbine implement ServiceBroker.

Yup, that¹s a possibility. I think we are in agreement that whatever
the eventual form, all things should be accessible via Turbine.java.
It will be like this in a fairly short period of time.

> I'd also
> recommend moving the doGet() stuff into a HttpService so these two
> aren't clogged together in a single file.

I don't know about a service per se. But the file could definitely
be split up a bit. It will be shrinking in size pretty shortly ;-)

> Servlet container --HttpServlet--> Turbine <--ServiceBroker--
> Application
>
> Rafal
>
> --
> mgr inz. Rafal Krzewski