Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no> on 2007/10/03 13:04:04 UTC

disc and contains(key)

Hello.

I have a JCS disc based cache to hold some huge serialized java objects.

To speed things up, I have created a background job that fill up the
complete cache. It typically does "if(cache.get(key)==null){cache.put
(key, ....);}". I do not really want to get the old object, just know
if it is there. So a cache.contains(key) would be a lot faster than
cache.get(key).

Is such functionality already present in JCS? Or perhaps possible to
add?

  - Tore.