Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net> on 2003/10/15 16:37:32 UTC

staticHTMLExporter

Hi at all,

I tried to export some of my sites in the authoring section with the
staticHTMLExporter but it doesn't work.

I saw that in the unicom example the publish target contains the
staticHTMLExporter task. What job does it there?

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Christian Egli wrote:
> Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> writes:
>

>>Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>>

>>>The class org/apache/lenya/net/WGet.java is currently using "sed",
>>>which is hardcoded: /usr/bin/sed :-(
>

>>>thus it won't work on windows.  change it to use jakarta oro or
>>>jdk regexp api?
>

>>yes, that would be great. I guess the CLI is also using oro or
>>something similar.
>

> Ant has a built-in target named 'replace'.
>
>   Replace is a directory based task for replacing the occurrence of a
>   given string with another string in selected file.
>
> It would be very easy to write a little ant task that does the same as
> sed in a cross-plattform way.

please, go ahead ;-)

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> writes:

> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
> > The class org/apache/lenya/net/WGet.java is currently using "sed",
> > which is hardcoded: /usr/bin/sed :-(

> > thus it won't work on windows.  change it to use jakarta oro or
> > jdk regexp api?

> yes, that would be great. I guess the CLI is also using oro or
> something similar.

Ant has a built-in target named 'replace'.

  Replace is a directory based task for replacing the occurrence of a
  given string with another string in selected file.

It would be very easy to write a little ant task that does the same as
sed in a cross-plattform way.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

>>The class org/apache/lenya/net/WGet.java is currently using "sed", which
>>is hardcoded: /usr/bin/sed :-(
>>
>>I know it's a very dirty hack, but feel free to change it ;-)
>>

>thus it won't work on windows.

no, but also not on Linux/Unix if the path to sed is different from
/usr/bin/sed ....

> change it to use jakarta oro or jdk regexp
>api?

yes, that would be great. I guess the CLI is also using oro or something
similar.

Any volunteer ? ;-)

Thanks

Michi

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:
>
>> Hi at all,
>>
>> I tried to export some of my sites in the authoring section with the
>> staticHTMLExporter but it doesn't work.
>>
>> I saw that in the unicom example the publish target contains the
>> staticHTMLExporter task. What job does it there?
>

> It downloads the HTML page using wget and saves it as a file:
>
> http://localhost:8080/lenya/docs-new/apidocs/org/apache/lenya/cms/ant/StaticHTMLExporter.html

The class org/apache/lenya/net/WGet.java is currently using "sed", which
is hardcoded: /usr/bin/sed :-(

I know it's a very dirty hack, but feel free to change it ;-)

Thanks

Michael

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:
>
>> I found why the unizh (unicom) example does not export the published
>> page. The variables 'properties.export.uris' in
>> ${LENYAHOME}/lenya/xslt/publishing/main.xsl and in
>> ${LENYAHOME}/lenya/xslt/publishing/publish-screen.xsl are wrong. Its
>> not enough to set the value to {$uris}. The value of
>> 'properties.export.uris' should be the whole URL e.g.
>> value="/lenya/IRM/live{$uris}".
>

> you are right, but this is a bug, because this should be "appended"
> automagically. I will try to fix it.

ok I have fixed it within the usecase.xmap and applied it for the blog
publication

src/webapp/lenya/pubs/blog/config/tasks/targets.xml

I will also apply it for the unicms publication

Thanks

Michi

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net>.
I found why the unizh (unicom) example does not export the published page. The
variables 'properties.export.uris' in
${LENYAHOME}/lenya/xslt/publishing/main.xsl and in
${LENYAHOME}/lenya/xslt/publishing/publish-screen.xsl are wrong. Its not
enough to set the value to {$uris}. The value of 'properties.export.uris'
should be the whole URL e.g. value="/lenya/IRM/live{$uris}". Possible its

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net>.

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net>.
Am Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 23:22 schrieb Michael Wechner:

> I think I not fully understand what you mean, but you can always modify
> the publishing screen or the publisher
> itself. For instance in the case of the "blog" publication you need to
> modify the "publish" target within
>
> src/webapp/lenya/pubs/blog/config/tasks/targets.xml

I try it again, nut my english would not be better ;-)

Firts of all it's enough that an authorized user could export the page that is
shown in the browser (authoring mode). Like publishing but all content should
be static e.g. to copy some exported sites to disk without loosing the
references between linked sites. Later an user should export all sites he has
access on with "one click".

I tried to change the publish target behaviour in the unizh example but it
doesn't work. It seems I do not really know how to change it.

In short words: If I'm logged in the autoring mode I want to export the page
actual shown in the browser as static html.

I hope it's know clear what my problem is :-)

greetz

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:
>
>> Am Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 17:01 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:
>>
>>> Usually the Cocoon command line interface works, but it might
>>> require some special configuration in the publication.
>>> It's not documented yet, if you want to try it and need help
>>> just ask on the list.
>>
>> What happens when the URL is protected by an authentication?
>

> It probably downloads the login screen.
> But you could permit 127.0.0.1 to access all pages,
> then it should work.

Ahhhh ... sorry, wrong answer (it was suited for the
StaticHTMLExporter).

The CLI does not work when access control is activated.
You can for instance remove config/ac.xconf to disable
access control for a publication.

-- Andreas

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 17:01 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:
>
>>Usually the Cocoon command line interface works, but it might
>>require some special configuration in the publication.
>>It's not documented yet, if you want to try it and need help
>>just ask on the list.
>>

> What happens when the URL is protected by an authentication?

It probably downloads the login screen.
But you could permit 127.0.0.1 to access all pages,
then it should work.

> My aim is to export the whole part of the publication which could accessed by
> one user. Is that possible?

Not with the current implementation.

I guess you could implement a crawler which checks if
the current user is allowed to download the crawled page ...

-- Andreas

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 17:01 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:
>

>>Usually the Cocoon command line interface works, but it might
>>require some special configuration in the publication.
>>It's not documented yet, if you want to try it and need help
>>just ask on the list.
>>

>What happens when the URL is protected by an authentication?

beside allowing 127.0.0.1, which is a security issue, one could also try
to pass the cookie resp. session to the Publisher

>My aim is to export the whole part of the publication which could accessed by
>one user. Is that possible?

I think I not fully understand what you mean, but you can always modify
the publishing screen or the publisher
itself. For instance in the case of the "blog" publication you need to
modify the "publish" target within

src/webapp/lenya/pubs/blog/config/tasks/targets.xml

HTH

Michael

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <mo...@negosa.net>.

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: staticHTMLExporter

Posted by Hubertus Groepper <hu...@groepper.com>.
Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:
> Hi at all,
>
> I tried to export some of my sites in the authoring section with the
> staticHTMLExporter but it doesn't work.
I gave up on this, too, but I'd love to see this enabled in one of the
upcoming show-off pubs or the blog.

Hubertus