Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/06 03:30:38 UTC

Want to donate (not blood)

I am a long time Struts user. While there are still may be some
unclear areas (ones that I not use), I think that I have a pretty good
understanding of action/form workins and of request/response cycle.

I would like to donate some stuff, namely modified
LookupDispatchAction (aka ParameterDispatchAction), DialogAction and
WizardAction. I also want to create several easy-to-plug-in
components, kind of ASP.NET provide for a long time. Struts is pretty
flexible, but is too basic. It should be more feature-rich. How about
creating struts.components package? I also want to create a simple
starter app (no database, web layer only), which exploits some of my
ideas. I want to provide better Model/View connection.

I understand that my goals are quite arrogant, so maybe I can join
Struts Application project and develop my stuff there (in hope that it
sometime would be accepted in the main Struts trunk ;) )

I wanted to establish my own project on java.net, but it seems easier
(and more humble ;) ) to join already established project.

So, will Struts Application project members let me become a member? I
promise to behave ;)

Thanks,
   Michael.

Re: Want to donate (not blood)

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
"jmikus", just created.

Re: Want to donate (not blood)

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.

On 5/5/05, Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a long time Struts user. While there are still may be some
> unclear areas (ones that I not use), I think that I have a pretty good
> understanding of action/form workins and of request/response cycle.
>
> I would like to donate some stuff, namely modified
> LookupDispatchAction (aka ParameterDispatchAction), DialogAction and
> WizardAction. I also want to create several easy-to-plug-in
> components, kind of ASP.NET provide for a long time. Struts is pretty
> flexible, but is too basic. It should be more feature-rich. How about
> creating struts.components package? I also want to create a simple
> starter app (no database, web layer only), which exploits some of my
> ideas. I want to provide better Model/View connection.
>
> I understand that my goals are quite arrogant, so maybe I can join
> Struts Application project and develop my stuff there (in hope that it
> sometime would be accepted in the main Struts trunk ;) )
>
> I wanted to establish my own project on java.net, but it seems easier
> (and more humble ;) ) to join already established project.
>
> So, will Struts Application project members let me become a member? I
> promise to behave ;)
>
> Thanks,
>    Michael.

HTH, Ted.