Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Jesse A Ramos <jr...@us.ibm.com> on 2010/06/14 17:17:01 UTC

Merging trunk with 1.0 branch

For the 1.1.1 release of Wink, I'm thinking we'll just want to tag the 1.1
branch rather than creating a brand new branch.

Does everyone else agree that this is the correct approach?

If so, then we'll need to merge in all the changes that have gone into
trunk since 1.1 was created.  Unfortunately, updating 1.1 with relevant
changes is something that we've neglected to do up to now.

I've created a diff of the 1.1 branch and the trunk and attached it to
JIRA WINK-293 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-293).  Please
take a look at let me know what you think.  I think this should just be a
straight push from tunk to the 1.1 branch.  I'm not aware of any changes
that should be left out.

-- Jesse

Re: Merging trunk with 1.0 branch

Posted by Jesse A Ramos <jr...@us.ibm.com>.
According to Mike's doc, I create the branch myself and then run
everything from the branch.  So I think once pushing everything from the
trunk to the branch I should be able to do everything like normal.

-- Jesse

From:
Nicholas Gallardo <ni...@yahoo.com>
To:
wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:
06/14/2010 10:46 AM
Re: Merging trunk with 1.0 branch

I think Jesse was going to push the changes to the branch, create the tag,
and then run the release from there.  It's the same as other releases, but
the scripts aren't doing the branching, etc.

Jesse, that may be something to consider before running the scripts.  I
can't remember if they branch and then create the tag, or if you create
the branch and it tags it for you.  If it's the latter, then everything
should be fine.

-N

Posted by Nicholas Gallardo <ni...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mike Rheinheimer <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
> Does everyone else agree that this is the correct approach?

Yep, this makes the most sense.  It's just a service release so I don't see
why we'd need a branch.

             Jesse A
             Ramos/Austin/IBM@
             IBMUS                                                      To
                                       "wink-dev@incubator.apache.org"
             06/14/2010 10:17          <wi...@incubator.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Merging trunk with 1.0 branch
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org