Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/01 01:59:25 UTC

Re: [Tapestry4.1] web site links broken

This seems to be a (hopefully temporary) casualty of the switch that
was made a couple of days ago to a svnpubsub approach to publishing
the docs. So far only a subset of the older docs have survived the
transition:

    http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/Re-svn-commit-r848449-in-websites-production-tapestry-content-current-stable-tapestry5-td5719654.html

Meanwhile -- and I know it isn't a good answer -- the docs are still
available for download (see http://tapestry.apache.org/download.html)

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 17:02:02 -0200, Aaron Kaminsky
<Aa...@adaptiveplanning.com> wrote:

> Of course! I feel a bit foolish for not having tried that already.
> Thanks Thiago, you are (as always) immensely helpful. :)

I try to be useful. :)

> I would still like to know if there is a plan to restore the public
> site, or if it is really dead.

I wouldn't expect it to be back. It would need some effort to get it
inserted in the current website and the Wayback Machine seems to have the
whole site mirrored there anyway. The Tapestry 4.1 site was built with
maven-site-plugin and all sources are in SVN, so it won't be hard to get
it generated locally if anyone wants.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

RE: [Tapestry4.1] web site links broken

Posted by Aaron Kaminsky <Aa...@adaptiveplanning.com>.
Of course! I feel a bit foolish for not having tried that already. Thanks Thiago, you are (as always) immensely helpful. :)

I would still like to know if there is a plan to restore the public site, or if it is really dead.

Regards,
Aaron

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Kaminsky <Aa...@adaptiveplanning.com>.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully someone can fill in a couple of details for me. Is there a plan to repair the Tapestry 4.1 site, or is it going away for good?

I downloaded the docs, and maybe I am doing something wrong but I only see a few pieces of what was on the web site. Is there a place where I can get the entire 4.1 web site, including the component documentation and the user guide?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Aaron