Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/08/04 14:29:17 UTC

[FYI] Let's encrypt certificate renewal failed

Hi,

Today I noticed our Let's encrypt certificate renewal failed. So I asked help on Infra Hipchat. It's a known issue and actually easy to fix.

For history and possibly future need, here the discussion I had with Chris Thistlethwaite:

[4:14 PM] Jacques Le Roux: Hi, we have an issue with let'sEncrypt certificate (3 months, right?) renewal for OFBiz demos:
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org
I remember we had that already, but did not find a request into my closed infra request.
So I guess I asked for a solution here and did not note it
[4:15 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: most likely in here :)
[4:16 PM] Jacques Le Roux: yep, but too late for history I guess
[4:16 PM] Jacques Le Roux: BTW we are Pupettized if that helps :)
[4:19 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: @jleroux fixed!
[4:19 PM] Jacques Le Roux: Great stuff @christ :) What was it?
[4:20 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: we have a bit of an issue with letsencrypt renewals as the renewal process tries to use port 443, which httpd is bound
to, thus it fails. Work around is to stop httpd, run the renewal, start httpd back up
[4:21 PM] Jacques Le Roux: I should be able to do that myself on our VM, right?
[4:21 PM] Jacques Le Roux: Mmm not sure about "run the renewal"...
[4:21 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: you have sudo on that right? if so then yeah
[4:22 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: check the cron job for root
[4:22 PM] Jacques Le Roux: Yes sudo I have
[4:22 PM] Jacques Le Roux: OK I note that, thanks !
[4:22 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: np, hope we have that fixed before it needs renewed again
[4:22 PM] Jacques Le Roux: yep, let's see ;)

FWIW (I did not try myself)

Jacques

Re: [FYI] Let's encrypt certificate renewal failed

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes thanks Pierre,

Actually Chris did it then (On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 4:29 PM). Maybe we will need to ask again in 3 months. It's the 2nd time I do that. I simply ask
for help in HipChat Infra room.

Jacques

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Richard, All,

As you may have seen, I have actually rather sent an email to infra (subject: "Let's encrypt certificate renewal failed")

Let's see...

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Richard,