Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Tom Hobbs <to...@sucfin.com> on 2009/07/15 19:08:25 UTC

Summary of Topics

It seems the recent flurry of activity has generated several topics of
interest which (in my opinion) are getting lost in the different emails.

Therefore, I'm trying to summarise the different bits of the past week
or so and pull out the pertinent bits and ask if we can move discussions
of each one into a more appropriate email thread.  I have created some
JIRA tickets to track the points that (I think) have got some weight.

-          Alternative to Java DSL for service configuration/description

o        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-313

-          Provide some kind of translation layer to interact with OSGi
services particularly OSGi RFC 119

o        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-315

-          Smarter code download for individual classes

o        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-314

There was also "Enhanced class/byte code versioning" which I think was
raised mostly by Peter - although it's been the bane of my recent coding
antics also.  I wasn't entirely sure which part of the mailing list to
pull out as the meat of the ticket though, so I've left that one for
now.  I need to read up on some of Gregg's advice anyway since I think
there might be some stuff I've missed to get around some of that misery.

Let's not let this interest flag, rather let's direct the discussions to
more appropriate (read: easy to find) places.

Cheers,

Tom

www.sucdenfinancial.com

Sucden Financial Limited, Plantation Place South, 60 Great Tower Street, London EC3R 5AZ
Telephone +44 203 207 5000

Registered in England no. 1095841
VAT registration no. GB 446 9061 33

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and entered in the FSA register under no. 114239

This email, including any files transmitted with it, is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify postmaster@sucfin.com immediately and delete it from your computer system.

We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and its attachments are virus-free, but you should check.

Sucden Financial Limited may monitor traffic data of both business and personal emails. By replying to this email, you consent to Sucden Financial 's monitoring the content of any emails you send to or receive from Sucden Financial . Sucden Financial is not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where this is a non-business email.

The contents of this e-mail do not constitute advice and should not be regarded as a recommendation to buy, sell or otherwise deal with any particular investment.

This message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.