Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Harsha HN <99...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/25 21:55:02 UTC

SPARK UI - Details post job processiong

Hi,

Details laid out in Spark UI for the job in progress is really interesting
and very useful.
But this gets vanished once the job is done.
Is there a way to get job details post processing?

Looking for Spark UI data, not standard input,output and error info.

Thanks,
Harsha

Re: SPARK UI - Details post job processiong

Posted by "Chester @work" <ch...@alpinenow.com>.
I am working on a PR that allows one to send the same spark listener event message back to the application in yarn cluster mode.

So far I have put this function in our application, our UI will receive and display the same spark job event message such as progress, job start, completed etc

Essentially, it establish a communication channel , you can send over progress, messages and detailed exceptions from spark job inside yarn to your application, on you application side , you can display , or log, make use it in other ways.

You can send send message to the running spark job via the channel.

I will cleanup the code and send PR soon

Chester
Alpine Data Lab

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Matt Narrell <ma...@gmail.com>.