Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vighnesh <sv...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/29 07:02:38 UTC

how to update solr cache when i delete records from remote database?

hi all

how can i update my solr cache when i am deleting the records from database
those records are again i can get when i m searching field so what is the
procedure to clear the solr cache when i update remote databse?

thanks in advance .

regards,
vighnesh

Re: how to update solr cache when i delete records from remote database?

Posted by vighnesh <sv...@gmail.com>.
thanx for giving response.

which one should i delete from solr?

please explain in clear............

Re: how to update solr cache when i delete records from remote database?

Posted by nagarjuna <na...@gmail.com>.
hi pravesh.....
 "You would have to delete them from SOLR also"...i did'nt get clearly this
can u please make sure it....
i just need to update my solr cache with the database updation thts it...i
dont want delete anything from solr....if i delete the data everytime when i
got changes in my DB then what is the use of powerful search server solr?
am i making sense or not?

Re: how to update solr cache when i delete records from remote database?

Posted by pravesh <su...@yahoo.com>.
You would have to delete them from SOLR also, and then commit it (commit will
automatically refresh your caches).

Thanx
Pravesh