Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Max Kremer <mk...@datastay.com> on 2002/11/13 01:11:08 UTC

Empty Form Beans and Actions

Hi,

   How can you tell if an action is called with an empty form bean? For instance, if the action is called by entering the URL directly instead of submitting a form then the associated form bean should be empty... I think the form bean should even be null because it need not be instantiated unless the request for the action comes from the appropriate form. When I check in the action if myFormBean == null ... it never is, so I'm assuming the Controller servlet always instantiates a formBean when its associated action is called... So how can I tell if the formBean is empty? Without having to check each parameter of course...

Thanks

Regards,

Max