Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ingo Wolfmayr <in...@wolfix.at> on 2017/04/18 12:00:33 UTC

Accounting_quantity_diff <-- Item variance

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding ACCOUNTING_QUANTITY_DIFF and inventory shrinkage. I created the following case:

1.       Shipment Receipt: 1 Piece for 15$ (Facility --> Receive Inventory)

2.       Item Variance: 1 Piece (via physical inventory on inventory item -1 ATP, -1 QOH) - item lost

Step 1

*         increases the ACCOUNTING_QUANTITY --> ACCOUNTING_QUANTITY_DIFF = 1

*         creates an accounting transaction --> INVENTORY +1 (15$ Credit)
Step 2

*         ACCOUNTING_QUANTITY no change

*         creates an accounting transaction --> INVENTORY -1 (15$ Debit)

Therefore the ITEM VALUATION report still shows 15$ / 1 Accounting Quanity sum after step two. Shouldn't the physical inventory change also have an effect on the ACCOUNTING_QUANTITY, or do I misinterpet something?

Done on current trunk.

Best regards,
Ingo

Re: Accounting_quantity_diff <-- Item variance

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Ingo,

See our discussion from January at
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/AccountingQuantity-COGS-method-and-inventory-valuation-td4700867.html
.

I agree tracking of accounting quantity is flawed at present.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788
Web: http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
Email: info@coherentsoftware.com.au

AW: Accounting_quantity_diff <-- Item variance

Posted by Ingo Wolfmayr <in...@wolfix.at>.
Hi Jacopo,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Ingo,