Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by HuiSion Teh <hu...@magix.com.sg> on 2000/09/05 18:42:26 UTC

XML content in Db field?

hi
How do I use SQL logicsheet to extract db field that contains XML text?

For example in my database I have a field "spec" that is a varchar() that
stores XML content such as
	<spec>
		<height>1.72</height>
		<weight>64</weight>
	</spec>

In my XML file I have a section that would need to extract the above content
before passing it to XSL producer:

	<product>
		sql code to extract the whole of "spec" XML content from db
	</product>

In my XSL file I would have template matching "height" and "weight".

I have tried but could not get it right. The < and > characters in the
"spec" content would become &lt; and &gt; before it reaches the XSL
producer.

Pls help..thanks

Re: XML content in Db field?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, HuiSion Teh wrote:

> hi
> How do I use SQL logicsheet to extract db field that contains XML text?
>
> For example in my database I have a field "spec" that is a varchar() that
> stores XML content such as
> 	<spec>
> 		<height>1.72</height>
> 		<weight>64</weight>
> 	</spec>
>
> In my XML file I have a section that would need to extract the above content
> before passing it to XSL producer:
>
> 	<product>
> 		sql code to extract the whole of "spec" XML content from db
> 	</product>
>
> In my XSL file I would have template matching "height" and "weight".
>
> I have tried but could not get it right. The < and > characters in the
> "spec" content would become &lt; and &gt; before it reaches the XSL
> producer.

try using the new esql logicsheet and the get-xml method.

- donald