Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adesh <ad...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/30 18:38:27 UTC

How to make local repository instead of downloading jars from remote site ?

Hi,

What settings need to do to make local repository instead of downloading
jars from remote site ?
I want to make download from local network shared drive instead of
downloading from internet( remote site ) .

Could you please let me know where the settings need to be done.

Thanks in Advance,
Adesh

Re: How to make local repository instead of downloading jars from remote site ?

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello Adesh,

You should setup local, i.e. company-wide, Maven repository manager and then
configure your Maven installation(s) to use your new repository as mirror of
Maven central and any other external repository. Checkout
Nexus<http://nexus.sonatype.org/>and
Artifactory <http://www.jfrog.org/sites/artifactory/latest/>.

Regards,
Stevo.

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi Adesh,

You need to install what is called a "maven repository manager". You have
many existing implementations to choose almong. Have a look here:
http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html.

For what it's worth. We're using archiva and are quite happy with it, though
we consider evaluating Nexus.

Cheers.

2008/11/30 Adesh <ad...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> What settings need to do to make local repository instead of downloading
> jars from remote site ?
> I want to make download from local network shared drive instead of
> downloading from internet( remote site ) .
>
> Could you please let me know where the settings need to be done.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Adesh

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !