Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Steve Pruitt <bp...@opentext.com> on 2017/08/31 19:05:26 UTC

data import class not found

I still can't understand how Solr establishes the classpath.

I have a custom entity processor that subclasses EntityProcessorBase.  When I execute the /dataimport call I get

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/EntityProcessorBase

no matter how I state in solrconfig.xml to locate the solr-dataimporthandler jar.

I have  tried:

from the existing libs in solrconfig.xml
<lib dir="${solr.install.dir:../../../..}/dist/" regex="solr-dataimporthandler-\d.*\.jar" />

from the Ref Guide
<lib dir="../../../dist/" regex="solr-dataimporthandler-\d.*\.jar" />

try anything
<lib path="C:\Servers\solr-6.6.0\dist\solr-dataimporthandler-6.6.0.jar" />

But, I always get the class not found error.  The DataImportHandler class is found when Solr starts, since EntityProcessorBase is in the same jar why is it not found.

I have not tried putting in the core's lib thinking the above should work.  Of course, the 3rd choice is only an experiment.

Thanks.

-S

RE: data import class not found