Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/13 22:28:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Backup Historic Journal on the Broker

I'm kind of excited on this improvement.

I was having a chat with Michael Pearce when we had the idea, of
saving the journal files into a separate folder, and having a "Time
Machine" on the broker.

So, I just sent the PR: https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/3580

And it is working fairly well as I tested it.

Basically you set the backup-journal-data on broker.xml and every data
produced on the broker is saved on a separate directory. You can
manually replay the data with some CLI usage.

this can be eventually improved with fancy options.. but this is a
nice addition to ActiveMQ Artemis that I'm excited about.

--
Clebert Suconic