Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Dean Lozo <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/22 13:17:03 UTC

Uploading random files

Hey

Since my Cookie issue got helpful responses that helped me resolve the
issue, and some future ones. I decided to post here again. (Gotten far
since last time!). I am only missing one more thing for me to be happy with
the load testing. I need a way to upload a random file every time the
Upload POST reques is run. I tried cheating by simply changing the
"filename" value in the post, sadly this was a no go. I figured this was a
comming issue and started googling around. I stumbled upon a thread that
seems to do what I want to:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8046447/testing-load-document-functionality-with-jmeter/8048644#8048644
am new to JMeter i have little experience with JMeter and struggling to
make sense out of javascript in the example. I understand the Java in the
BeanShell. I can't find where the path for the folder location is defined.
Is that sent in from JMeter? I also receive an error saying that the
"C:\Program Files
(x86)\apache-jmeter-2.7\bin\bsh\generate-content-list.bsh" could be located.

This is obviously something big to dive into at once with only a couple of
hours of JMeter experience. Does anyone have a simpler approach or a
"guide" with more detail explenations? I would greatly appreciate it, I
want to learn it as well. Not just copy paste and tinker like i am doing
now (well that is a way of learning)

Cheers
Dean

Re: Uploading random files

Posted by Dean Lozo <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Thanks for all the help Sebb. I got it all working now :)

Re: Uploading random files

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Uploading random files

Posted by Dean Lozo <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: Uploading random files

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25 June 2012 09:22, Dean Lozo <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried your suggestion and I can't seem to get it to work. I assume I am
> doing something wrong somewhere. The current setup looks like this:
> http://i.imgur.com/kz9zR.png
>
> The error that it returns to me is C:\Test Data\<EOF> (The filename,
> directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
>
> If I don't use double backslash (which I believe is wrong due to the $) in
> filepath it returns: C:\Test Data\${DATA} (The system cannot find the file
> specified)

Use / instead of \.

Re: Uploading random files

Posted by Dean Lozo <de...@gmail.com>.