Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Benjamin Stewart <bs...@waterwerks.com.au> on 2003/07/01 00:51:19 UTC

Restarting Tomcat and struts

Greetings,
I have been developing away here for a little while and everytime I
change my code, recompile things I go and restart the tomcat server so
that I can see my changes. At the moment I am doing a complete stop and
start. Is there a short cut for this so that tomcat only loads the stuff
that has changed instead of reloading the entire server ?

Thanks
Ben

RE: Restarting Tomcat and struts

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu>.
You can also reload only the context you working with, which is a bit
faster. Just set your context to be reloadable and unwar or if you do
not produce the war file then just copy all your files to the webapps
dir. Imprtant part is that your web.xml needs to have altered timestamp.

I usually have it done thru ant target. I create an extra ant target and
then make it depend on the build of the project. Once the build is done
and my war is produced I just unwar it to the
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/<project_name> dir and it get reloaded
automagically.

Alex.