Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bradley Wagner <br...@hannonhill.com> on 2006/06/15 15:23:11 UTC

set 'keywords' property automatically on new files

I'm using eclipse and noticed that the $Id: $ syntax to grab
information about the last mod to a file only works if the
svn:keywords property is set on the file to contain the value 'Id'.
Is there anyway to have that property automatically set when creating
new files? I cross posted, because I wasn't sure if this was a
Subclipse or underlying Subversion question.

Bradley

Re: set 'keywords' property automatically on new files

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 20, 2006, at 12:09, Xavier MOGHRABI wrote:

> I would like to set svn:keywords property automatically when a user
> commit a
> added or imported file. Is is possible to allow it on the server
> side ?

No, it's not possible. Auto-props is a client-side thing.

> Actually, I configure "enable-auto-props = yes" in my ~/.subversion/
> config
> with the needed autoprops.
>
> However this is not efficient because some committers forget to set
> their
> environement. I need to force the server to add the properties. Do
> you know
> how can I do that ?

You should write a pre-commit hook which rejects commits that do not
conform to your auto-props policy.

Re: set 'keywords' property automatically on new files

Posted by Xavier MOGHRABI <xa...@objectweb.org>.
Dear All,

I would like to set svn:keywords property automatically when a user commit a
added or imported file. Is is possible to allow it on the server side ?

Actually, I configure "enable-auto-props = yes" in my ~/.subversion/config
with the needed autoprops.

However this is not efficient because some committers forget to set their
environement. I need to force the server to add the properties. Do you know
how can I do that ?

Best regards

--

Xavier MOGHRABI - Consortium ObjectWeb
Jabber: moghrabi@jabber.objectweb.org

Posted by Bradley Wagner <br...@hannonhill.com>.
Is there a way to configure SVN to look in a different place for the
global SVN configuration directory. I have write access to /usr/local
on my machine but not /etc/subversion?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com>.