Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by vibhor_hadoop <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/08 11:38:08 UTC

Migration from Hadoop 0.20.203 to Hadoop 1.0.1 Fails with Error Message STATUS_FAILED

Hi All,

I have a tricky situation where I just get an update saying STATUS_FAILED
and my Hadoop job fails suddenly.I am running the nutch crawler to fetch
some data for me and the map reduce  is used to standardise the data format.
I get the job running fine for some of nutch segments but after depth level
3 it suddenly fail-

2012-05-08 09:14:47,464 INFO  mapred.LocalJobRunner
(LocalJobRunner.java:statusUpdate(276)) -SATTUS_FAILED
2012-05-08 09:14:50,494 INFO  mapred.LocalJobRunner
(LocalJobRunner.java:statusUpdate(276)) -STATUS_FAILED.

I am trying figure out why this issue is comming only when i migrate from
Hadoop 0.20.203 to Hadoop 1.0.1 .

Any Ideas?