Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> on 2002/03/14 02:55:47 UTC

[vote] coding conventions

i would like to do a code and javadoc cleanup for the whole project, but first we have to decide
which code conventions we should use ...

i think there are 2 options:

* turbine code conventions (http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html)

* sun code conventions (http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html)

+1 for using turbine conventions

martin

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> writes:

> i would like to do a code and javadoc cleanup for the whole project,
> but first we have to decide which code conventions we should use ...
>
> i think there are 2 options:
>
> * turbine code conventions (http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html)
>
> * sun code conventions (http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html)
>

> +1 for using turbine conventions

+1 for using turbine's.

- Dan

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Hannes Wallnöfer <ha...@helma.at>.
Martin Poeschl wrote:

> i would like to do a code and javadoc cleanup for the whole project,
> but first we have to decide which code conventions we should use ...
>
> i think there are 2 options:
>
> * turbine code conventions
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html)
>
> * sun code conventions
> (http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html)
>

> +1 for using turbine conventions
>
> martin

+0  - I haven't worked with the Turbine style of bracketing yet, but I
don't have any aversion against it and it may be a good occasion to try
something new.

Hannes

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/13/02 6:06 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com> wrote:

> +1 for turbine

+1 for turbine

-jon

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/13/02 6:06 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com> wrote:

> +1 for turbine

+1 for turbine

-jon

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
John Wilson wrote:
> [...]

the majority of developers voted for the turbine conventions. i'll document the decision on the site
and do the reformatting next week (after the turbine 2.2b1 release)

if there's anyone working on some files and want to prevent merging problems, please send me a note.

martin

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/14/02 11:43 AM, "John Wilson" <tu...@wilson.co.uk> wrote:

> My own coding conventions are not the Sun conventions. Mine includes the
> obsessive use of final, the use of this to always qualify references to
> class fields and a bunch of idiosyncrasies I'm probably not aware of and
> have no wish to inflict on others.

I don't think we were referring to that type of coding conventions (I don't
mind using final when it makes sense), but more concerned with the
formatting of the code in the .java file.

-jon

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
> i would like to do a code and javadoc cleanup for the whole project, but
first we have to decide
> which code conventions we should use ...
>
> i think there are 2 options:
>
> * turbine code conventions
(http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html)

> * sun code conventions
(http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html)

> +1 for using turbine conventions
>
> martin

+1 for the Sun conventions.

;)

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by Hannes Wallnöfer <ha...@helma.at>.

Re: [vote] coding conventions

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
> i would like to do a code and javadoc cleanup for the whole project, but
first we have to decide
> which code conventions we should use ...
>
> i think there are 2 options:
>
> * turbine code conventions
(http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html)

> * sun code conventions