Posted to user@flink.apache.org by arpit srivastava <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/28 18:55:10 UTC

Checkpoint Error in flink with Rockdb state backend

Hi,

I am using Flink on yarn cluster. My job was running for 2-3 days. After
that it failed with two errors

org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.netty.exception.RemoteTransportException:
Error at remote task manager 'ip-xx.xx.xx.xxx'.
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.netty.PartitionRequestClientHandler.decodeMsg(PartitionRequestClientHandler.java:241)
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.netty.PartitionRequestClientHandler.channelRead(PartitionRequestClientHandler.java:164)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:339)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:324)
        at
io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:103)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:339)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:324)
        at
io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:242)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:339)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:324)
        at
io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:847)
        at
io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:131)
        at
io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:511)
        at
io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:468)
        at
io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:382)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:354)
        at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:111)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by:
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.partition.ProducerFailedException
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.netty.PartitionRequestQueue.writeAndFlushNextMessageIfPossible(PartitionRequestQueue.java:164)
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.netty.PartitionRequestQueue.userEventTriggered(PartitionRequestQueue.java:96)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:308)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:294)
        at
io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.userEventTriggered(ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.java:108)
[...]
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$500(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:32)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$6.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:299)
        at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:357)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:357)

multiple instances of "checkpoint not found exception"

java.lang.Exception: Could not restore checkpointed state to operators and
functions
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.restoreState(StreamTask.java:454)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:209)
        at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:559)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/mnt/tmp/ce/flink/jit/checkpoint/1363f00ad9c261070babe30b822e8e61/chk-2862/04bb3654-645c-4a0f-93c8-9582140613d2
(No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
        at
org.apache.flink.core.fs.local.LocalDataInputStream.<init>(LocalDataInputStream.java:52)
        at
org.apache.flink.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem.open(LocalFileSystem.java:143)
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.filesystem.FileSerializableStateHandle.getState(FileSerializableStateHandle.java:51)
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.filesystem.FileSerializableStateHandle.getState(FileSerializableStateHandle.java:35)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractUdfStreamOperator.restoreState(AbstractUdfStreamOperator.java:162)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.restoreState(StreamTask.java:446)

Already there are multiple checkpoint files there and directory is present.

Before this one of task manager had memory usage of more than 90% and
that's the ip of remote exception.

Can anybody faced something similar.

Thanks,
Arpit

Re: Checkpoint Error in flink with Rockdb state backend

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Ah yes, if you used a local filesystem for backups this certainly was the
source of the problem.

Posted by arpit srivastava <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,