Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Keshavan, Rango" <ra...@fmr.com> on 2006/01/13 17:29:02 UTC

Limiting Portlet Preferences to only a Portlet.

Hi,

I want to create a set of Portlet Preferences to be ONLY Portlet
specific, but not per user specific.  Is there a way to do this?

I DO want the ability to edit this Portlet Preference at a global level,
admin only, but I don't want users to be able to edit these

Preferences.

Thanks!

----------
Rango Keshavan

Re: Limiting Portlet Preferences to only a Portlet.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Keshavan, Rango wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want to create a set of Portlet Preferences to be ONLY Portlet
> specific, but not per user specific.  Is there a way to do this?

The portlet preference defined in the portlet.xml are default
preferences. Although all instances of a portlet will have the same
default preferences, these values are NOT shared amongst instances.

Portlet preferences are meant to be user-specific
In the case of pages outside of a user's folder, these preferences are
shared by all users. Perhaps that will meet your needs?

> I DO want the ability to edit this Portlet Preference at a global level,
> admin only, but I don't want users to be able to edit these
>
> Preferences.

By editing preferences in a common area of the site, you can make these
preferences available to all users as long as you grant appropriate
access to that common area of the site

Re: Limiting Portlet Preferences to only a Portlet.

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Keshavan, Rango z 2006-01-13 17:29 brzmiala:

> I want to create a set of Portlet Preferences to be ONLY Portlet
> specific, but not per user specific.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> I DO want the ability to edit this Portlet Preference at a global level,
> admin only, but I don't want users to be able to edit these
Try PAM in the Jetspeed Administrative Portlets. There you can specify
portlet preferences and fragment preferences (specific portlet
instance). You can do it also manually by editing PSML files.

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
And reply to the confirmation.

On 1/13/06, Peter Birta <Me...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> first of all, thanks for all the help I got from the mailing-list!
> But now it´s time for me to unsubscribe.
> I tried the qay described on the Mailing-list-Homepage, but it didn´t
> work...
> can somebody tell me how to unsubscribe from the jetspeed mailing-list?
> thanks a lot
>
> greets
> Pete

Philip Donaghy