Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/05 20:07:25 UTC

MapReduce task progress (0.20.0)

In 0.19.x, the WEB GUI can show the progress of each map or reduce task
(before it complete, it is from the RecordReader).

But in 0.20.0, we cannot show the progress (always 0%) before map or reduce
task complete.

Can anybody tell me how to let it show the progress?

Re: MapReduce task progress (0.20.0)

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.
After reading of code, I find it is because NewTrackingRecordReader class in
MapTask should be modified.

private final TaskReporter reporter;

this.reporter = reporter;

    @Override
    public boolean nextKeyValue() throws IOException, InterruptedException {
      boolean result = real.nextKeyValue();
      if (result) {
        inputRecordCounter.increment(1);
      }
      reporter.setProgress(getProgress()); //adding
      return result;
    }

and then, we I checkout the latest 0.20.0 branch, the above modification has
in the branch.

Schubert