Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jason Lewis <jl...@packetnexus.com> on 2013/11/29 22:05:07 UTC

Pig 0.12.0 and Cassandra 2.0.2

I sent this to the Pig list, but didn't get a response...

I'm trying to get Pig running with Cassandra 2.0.2.  The instructions
I've been using are here:

https://github.com/jeromatron/pygmalion/wiki/Getting-Started

The cassandra 2.0.2 src does not have a contrib directory.  Am I
missing something?  Should I just be able to use the "pig_cassandra"
in the examples/pig/bin directory?  If so, what environment variables
to I need to make sure exist?

I can't seem to find solid instructions on using pig with cassandra,
is there a doc somewhere that I've overlooked?

jas

Re: Pig 0.12.0 and Cassandra 2.0.2

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.
I need to update those to be current with the Cassandra source download.  You’re right, you would just use what’s in the examples directory now for Pig.  You should be able to run the examples, but generally you need to specify the partitioner of the cluster, the host name of a node in the cluster, and the port.  Those are the required things to set, either in environment variables or in hadoop properties.  There are other properties that you can set such as read/write consistency level and such as well.  A good place to look for a lot of those properties is in the ConfigHelper.java file under the org.apache.cassandra.hadoop package.

Jeremy