Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by mattstuntman <MA...@BORNINTHE80S.CO.UK> on 2020/04/06 19:29:19 UTC

In Need of a persistent anonymous authentication link to a desktop that’s read only

Hi all,

We have a need to make sure people can access an environment inside
guacamole for training classes and on occasion a firewall/proxy blocks
guacamole.

We noticed a share feature that exists that allows for a single session to
be shared as read only, however this only lasts as long as the originator
keeps the session open and or doesn't refresh the page.

We are looking to implement the read only functionality with the share
feature but in a persistent form... as in we create a read only session
share link that never expires that grants multiple users the ability to view
a read only desktop to validate that they can reach a desktop as part of a
check prior to attending future training.

We know that a connection can be readonly however you have to authenticate
to reach it so we are looking to implement something like the above.

Has anyone ever worked on something like this or could share what
code/tables we should be looking in to make a persistent anonymous
authentication link to a desktop that’s read only.

Many thanks in advance!

Re: In Need of a persistent anonymous authentication link to a desktop that’s read only

Posted by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>.
Hello,

Create a Spring board (Launch Pad) that uses the native guacamole dashboard
and display that as the verification, since it already shows an active
connection for that user.  No need to do shadowing.

Its what our provisioning platform does.

Hope this helps.

-----
A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole  installations

Re: In Need of a persistent anonymous authentication link to a desktop that’s read only

Posted by mattstuntman <MA...@BORNINTHE80S.CO.UK>.
Thanks for the quick response, can you expand a little?

We use the platform today and it works amazing, we added things like power
buttons to servers hosted in AWS.

It's just this last bit to help validate they can see an actual desktop.

Does anyone know the mechanics around the session share capability, as i can
i generate a permanent link?