Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com> on 2018/01/21 18:34:09 UTC

Java 9 test failures

I see three failures in ImageTest

testSimpleScale (did not create largeimage.jpg)
testSimpleScaleWithMapper (did not create largeimage-scaled.jpg)
testOverwriteTrue (negative time)

Could somebody confirm this, please?

Gintas

Re: Java 9 test failures

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2018-01-29, Jan Matèrne (jhm) wrote:

>> Well, the task wil not work with any future Java releases since the
>> internal APIs are not comming back.

>> Meanwhile, a quick search shows that while there is quite a lot
>> activity with image io, there is no equivalent of JAI.create() for
>> image transformations (on which the image task is based). Maybe
>> something to pitch to Sanselan/Commons Imaging?

> I would prefer Apache Commons in a new antlib.

Commons Inmaging isn't the most active component ...

A separate Antlib sounds good to me.

> But on the other hand: do we know if the task is used?

At least we haven't received any bug reports about it. If it still has
users then they don't seem to be using Java9+.

Stefan

AW: Java 9 test failures

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
> Well, the task wil not work with any future Java releases since the
> internal APIs are not comming back.
>
> Meanwhile, a quick search shows that while there is quite a lot
> activity with image io, there is no equivalent of JAI.create() for
> image transformations (on which the image task is based). Maybe
> something to pitch to Sanselan/Commons Imaging?

I would prefer Apache Commons in a new antlib.
But on the other hand: do we know if the task is used?

Jan

Re: Java 9 test failures

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.

Re: Java 9 test failures