Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2015/07/20 16:02:37 UTC

nifi-0.3.0 release

Hello all,

We have found an issue that is present in nifi 0.2.0 that results in new accounts not automatically being requested as they should when a new user attempts to access an instance of NiFi.

This is not a security issue but could cause some headaches for operators who are running secure instances of NiFi, especially new instances.

Unless there are any objections, I would like to go ahead and start putting together an 0.3.0 release that has this issue addressed, the new Flume Processors, and any other tickets that are complete and ready to go. All others will be moved to version 0.4.0.

In the absence of any objections, we will probably have a package built and ready to be voted on today.

Thank you
-Mark

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Mike and Joes feedback has resulted in my previous response which will mean
an 021 vote will be available as soon as possible and the website has been
updated to alert users.  The release is built with the cherry picked commit
and the tag is up and artifacts staged.  Vote email will follow.

We discuss.  We take action.  We improve.

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Adam Taft <ad...@adamtaft.com>.

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com>.
@Joe Witt

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Michael Moser <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Mike

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Michael Moser <mo...@gmail.com>.
All,

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
All,

RE: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Ryan,

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Ryan Hendrickson <rh...@gmail.com>.

RE: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Joe,

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

RE: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Mike,

Addition of the Flume Processors provides new functionality, so we need to bump it 0.3.0.

Thanks
-Mark

Re: nifi-0.3.0 release

Posted by Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com>.