Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Pascal-Eric Servais <an...@yahoo.ca.INVALID> on 2017/01/03 23:54:08 UTC

Error Using Portlet Bridge 3.0.0 alpha And MyFaces 2.0.1 With Jetspeed 2.3.1

Hi,

I am exploring Jetspeed portal for a personal project. It works very well so far but I wish to use JSF 2.x for portlet development and it seems that there is no built-in support for it.

Searching for a solution, I found the Apache MyFaces Portlet Bridge sub project. So I downloaded the examples from http://myfaces.apache.org/dist/binaries/portlet-bridge-3.0.0-alpha-example.zip to tests some of them into my Jetspeed instance.

The two following examples works fine:

* portlet-bridge-facelets-guess-3.0.0-alpha.war (Ok)
* portlet-bridge-guessNumber-jsp-mojarraFilter-3.0.0-alpha.war (Ok)

But when testing the portlet *portlet-bridge-guessNumber-jsp-myFacesFilter-3.0.0-alpha.war*, I get this error and stack trace:

janv. 03, 2017 6:07:07 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
GRAVE: Exception thrown in doFacesRequest:render
javax.faces.FacesException: Unsupported context type org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedPortletContextImpl
    at org.apache.myfaces.context.FacesContextFactoryImpl.getFacesContext(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java:174)
    at org.apache.myfaces.portlet.faces.context.PortletFacesContextFactoryImpl.getFacesContext(PortletFacesContextFactoryImpl.java:67)
    at org.apache.myfaces.portlet.faces.bridge.BridgeImpl.getFacesContext(BridgeImpl.java:1633)
    at org.apache.myfaces.portlet.faces.bridge.BridgeImpl.doFacesRequest(BridgeImpl.java:920)
    at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doBridgeDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:672)

I am not sure if the problem comes from the bridge implementation or the MyFaces implementation but when I try the *portlet-bridge-guessNumber-jsp-myFacesFilter-2.0.0.war*, it worked as excepted (I just had to provide the jstl library missing in the classpath).

Does anybody has a clue about the cause of the problem and a solution to my issue?

RegardsPascal-Eric