Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brian Maddy <bm...@kampersoftware.com> on 2006/01/31 21:31:02 UTC

ParanoidCocoonServlet cannot run in an undeployed WAR file

Anyone know what may be causing this error in the logs?  I'm deploying
as a war file on Tomcat 4.1.24 with a hosting company.  I'm only getting
a white screen when I visit /cocoon.  It works fine on my local Tomcat
4.1.24 server though...

"Servlet /cocoon threw load() exception: javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.ParanoidCocoonServlet cannot run in an
undeployed WAR file"

Any ideas?

Brian

Re: ParanoidCocoonServlet cannot run in an undeployed WAR file (solved)

Posted by Brian Maddy <bm...@kampersoftware.com>.
Never mind, I figured it out.

The war file wasn't being unpacked into the webapps/cocoon directory.
In other words, in my hosting company's /etc/tomcat4/server.xml file,
the value
Server/Service/Engine/Host/@unpackWARs
is set to false, whereas it is set to true on my installation.  Looks
like it's time to start negotiations with my hosting company.  :)

Brian