Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> on 2013/03/22 10:21:16 UTC

Ideas for Google Summer of Code

Hey,

On the topic of trying to get more people interested in Bloodhound, we
should get involved in GSoC. I've been a GSoC mentor in the past (for
Subversion) and can help.

I'm sure there are any number of tasks that can be worked on without
deep knowledge of Trac internals and would take a 6-8 week project to
complete. Please take time today to list them here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12323652

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej

Re: Ideas for Google Summer of Code

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
Good point . I just added a quick comment jftr for people following
this thread in the ML archives .

IMHO this is a bit OT when it comes to the target ticket:478 (i.e. svn
pubsub vs ticket relations) . I searched i.a.o/bh for a ticket related
to ticket relations and found nothing o.O

... so I added a note in bep:0006 , which seems to be the most related
resource we have created so far for this subject . Any other
suggestions will be welcome .

Olemis.

Apache™ Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: Ideas for Google Summer of Code

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.
Thx, fixed.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.
I was thinking about that but each one alone does not warrant 2 months
coding effort.

Peter

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 25.03.2013 12:24, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> On 23 March 2013 14:41, Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> wrote:
>
>> On 23.03.2013 09:19, Branko Čibej wrote:
>>> In accordance with instructions from Uli, I started creating issues in
>>> Jira for our GSoC candidate tasks. I started with the svnpubsub task:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/478
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-84
>>>
>>> If anyone wants to help out, please do so. :) COMDEV-84 can serve as a
>>> template for the rest of the submissions. Please make sure that we get
>>> all the entries in Jira cross-referenced in our tracker, and the other
>>> way around.
>> These issues can now be found in Jira here:
>>
>>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12323779
>
> The requested filter doesn't exist or is private.
>
> That's the error message I receive. According to Atlassian you need special
> permissions to share publicly: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-2054
>
> This link should work for everyone:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12323652&jql=labels%20in%20(%22gsoc2013%2C%22%2C%20bloodhound)

I made the query a bit smarter, because I merged COMDEV-84 into
COMDEV-86 and closed the former:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12323652&jql=project%20%3D%20COMDEV%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%20in%20(%22gsoc2013%2C%22%2C%20bloodhound)

-- Brane

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 3/22/13, Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> After a brief discussion on IRC Brane suggested to create a tag for our
> suggestions on our issue tracker, which I have done now:
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/query?status=!closed&keywords=~gsoc
>
> Please raise suggestions using that "gsoc" tag.

I have tagged some but I'd like to hear some opinions on whether those
are good targets for GSoC .

[...]

Olemis.

Re: Ideas for Google Summer of Code