Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com> on 2001/06/29 11:24:22 UTC

info.log

Hi,

I have an info.log file in ../bin/var/log/james which is growing.
I don't see it's definition in James.conf.xml. I hope that there would
be a definition for it in the next James' config file, so that I can
have another directory to put it.

BTW, in ../bin there are DCB* files which are always renamed every time
James is restarted. That renaming makes it difficult to handle; even if
you use logrotate, you'd end up with many files with the same sequence
numbers.

Oki

Re: info.log

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
> I have an info.log file in ../bin/var/log/james which is growing.
> I don't see it's definition in James.conf.xml. I hope that there would
> be a definition for it in the next James' config file, so that I can
> have another directory to put it.

This is defined in Avalon.conf.xml.

> BTW, in ../bin there are DCB* files which are always renamed every time
> James is restarted. That renaming makes it difficult to handle; even if
> you use logrotate, you'd end up with many files with the same sequence
> numbers.

This is from the Town connection pooler.  You can specify a specific logfile
name by adding

logfile=/var/logs/jamesdb.log

to the conn definition file (should be in the var directory).

Town will be removed in the next major release, so we won't have this
logging now (unless excalibur does some logging).

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/