Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicholas Orr <Ni...@mim.com.au> on 2002/09/05 09:41:09 UTC

What about setting a script/servlet/jsp timeout?

Hi,

I know you can set session timeouts, is there a way to set
script/servlet/jsp timeouts, so it applies over the whole Tomcat Instance?
At the moment I am doing a lot of loops and some of them, by accident, end
up being never ending and I have to kill tomcat to stop them.

I have had a of look in the doc but haven't been able to find anything.

Nicholas Orr

intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to
forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the
MIM Holdings Limited Support Centre.

For general enquires:	++61 7 3833 8000
Support Centre e-mail:	supportcentre@mim.com.au
Support Centre phone:  	Australia 1800500646
        				International ++61 7 38338042

Re: What about setting a script/servlet/jsp timeout?

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
Concurrent requests to Tomcat each run in their own thread.

There is no easy way to "timeout" a thread running arbitrary
application code.

So there is no way to timeout a request.

Regards,

Glenn