Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2009/11/02 22:54:54 UTC

JSONPlugin breaks in 2.1.8.1

I've been trying to build our application using the 2.1.8.1 candidate.
There was an older bug that we needed the fix for.  That problem seems
to be resolved.  However, I find that the JSONPlugin for Struts from
Googlecode is broken due to an upgrade of the XWork2 framework.  There
is a class (com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.TextUtils) that jsonplugin
relied on that is now gone, apparently.  I was wondering if anyone knew
of a workaround for this (or maybe this is just a new, unknown
problem?).  The current version of jsonplugin is 0.34, I believe.

            <dependency>
                <groupId>com.googlecode</groupId>
                <artifactId>jsonplugin</artifactId>
                <version>0.34</version>
            </dependency>

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

PS - in case it helps, here is a small snippet of stack trace...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/opensymphony/xwork2/util/TextUtils
        at
com.googlecode.jsonplugin.SerializationParams.<init>(SerializationParams.java:38)
        at
com.googlecode.jsonplugin.JSONResult.writeToResponse(JSONResult.java:194)
        at com.googlecode.jsonplugin.JSONResult.execute(JSONResult.java:184)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:362)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:266)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:165)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:87)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:237)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInterceptor.java:252)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:68)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:87)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:237)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept(ParametersInterceptor.java:195)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:87)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:237)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept(ParametersInterceptor.java:195)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:87)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:237)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercept(StaticParametersInterceptor.java:179)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:237)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.CheckboxInterceptor.intercept(CheckboxInterceptor.java:94)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:237)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadInterceptor.java:235)

Re: JSONPlugin breaks in 2.1.8.1

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
That was the magic jar.  Thanks!

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> what he meant was: we are too lazy to maintain code in 2 different
> repositories :)

Can't say I blame you.  Makes sense to me to have it all in one place,
anyway.
Great work, by the way!  2.1.8.1 seems to be pretty solid.

Re: JSONPlugin breaks in 2.1.8.1

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
what he meant was: we are too lazy to maintain code in 2 different
repositories :)

musachy

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
> [...]

>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:87)
>> >> >>>>

>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:237)
>> >> >>>>

>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercept(StaticParametersInterceptor.java:179)
>> >> >>>>

>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:237)
>> >> >>>>

>> org.apache.struts2.interceptor.CheckboxInterceptor.intercept(CheckboxInterceptor.java:94)
>> >> >>>>

>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:237)
>> >> >>>>

>> org.apache.struts2.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadInterceptor.java:235)

>> --
>> Wes Wannemacher
>>
>> Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
>> Need Training? Struts, Spring, Maven, Tomcat...

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: JSONPlugin breaks in 2.1.8.1