Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shicheng TIAN(CMS)" <S....@shu.ac.uk> on 2001/06/18 15:33:52 UTC

Tomcat-Apache configuration

Hello there,
We have installed Tomcat 4.0 on our PC running Win2000;
Tomcat works fine itself.

We have the following two queries and would like to get advice from the list:

1. How to configure Tomcat so that it can work together
with the Web server running at the same PC, which is Apache 1.3,
i.e. Apache would pass servlet calls to Tomcat which would process the calls
and then return the result bact to Apache?

2. Tomcat is installed on the PC at: C:\tomcat and its doc root at:
C:\tomcat\webapps\ROOT;
we wonder how to configure a remote mapping so that we can put some test
files/code on
another drive of the same PC, e.g. on the D drive at: D:\Test

Thanks,

Shicheng

Re: Tomcat-Apache configuration

Posted by Sam Newman <sa...@stamplets.com>.
Read the mod_jk howto included with the documentation. Its fairly
straightforward. If you have problems after following the docs, post to the
list - loads of us have done this so there will be plenty of people around
who can help.

sam

Missed a config statement???

Posted by "Howler D. Wolfe" <ho...@bigbadwolf.org>.
Hello everyone,

I am running Apache 1.3.19 and Tomcat 3.2.2 on Mandrake 8.0

Tomcat is installed and *appears* to be functioning fine. All examples work
fine from the server as well as other machines on the network.
However, when someone from the Internet attempts to hit
http://howler.hn.org/examples it seems to time out.

I have mod_jk installed as well. I must have missed a config option
somewhere. Any ideas?

Please help.

Thank you
John Brosan