Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/07 09:11:26 UTC

GSoC students next steps

Hello GSoC students,

Its the GSoC community bonding period right now where the you get up
to speed with Tuscany and make preparations for starting your projects
which are to commence in two weeks on May 23rd.

One thing that you could do right now is sign and submit the ASF
Contributors License Agreement, which is a legal form that defines the
terms under which intellectual property has been contributed to the
ASF and which we need from you before we could give you commit access
to the ASF SVN, see http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

The sooner you start submitting patches the sooner we can look at
getting you commit access which will make working on you project
easier. So you should think about creating folders for your work, code
templates, or whatever else might be helpful to get off to a quick
start with your particular project.

If you need any help with any of these things feel free to contact me
directly, your mentor, or the dev list.

   ...ant

Re: GSoC students next steps

Posted by Eranda Sooriyabandara <07...@gmail.com>.
Thank you ant I will attach the patches.
Eranda

Re: GSoC students next steps

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:29 AM, Eranda Sooriyabandara
<07...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ant,
> I can't directly commit to the sandbox I have given. Is it an issue?  Do I
> need to attach the patch files to the JIRA issue page?
> thanks
> Eranda

Hi Eranda, the PMC needs to grant you commit access, hopefully that
wont take too long but for now you will need to continue submitting
patches. I've just committed the rest-api patch you'd added to
TUSCANY-3522 at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/collaboration/GSoC-2011-Eranda/

   ...ant

Re: GSoC students next steps

Re: GSoC students next steps

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Just a reminder that the GSoC bonding period finished yesterday and its now
coding time. The mid-term evaluation is in 6 weeks on July 15th, and then
there's another 6 weeks coding until the end at August 22nd.

   ...ant

Re: GSoC students next steps

Posted by Amindri Udugala <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I  e-mailed a scanned copy of the contributor licence agreement to
secretary@apache.org .

--
Thanks

Amindri Udugala
University of Colombo School of Computing,
Sri Lanka.