Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "M. Sean Gilligan" <Se...@catalla.com> on 2003/12/17 02:12:16 UTC

Questions/Proposal: Turbine-Maven QuickStart

I have been playing around with the latest source from the TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH, the maven-turbine plugin, etc. and am very interested in testing/debugging/finishing/documenting the Turbine-Maven process.

The final procedure should be something like:

1) Download, Install, and Configure Tomcat (or other servlet container)

2) Download and Install Maven

3) Create an empty project directory and "cd" to it

4) Run maven turbine:sample

5) Edit some XML and properties files

6) Run maven war or other Maven goal to build and/or deploy a WAR

I have started a How-To (http://www.msgilligan.com/tbmaven-howto.html) that documents my work-in-process and references docs, posts, and wiki entries that have helped me so far.  I have also created a draft proposal (http://www.msgilligan.com/tbmaven-proposal.html) that explains what I would like to do.

Questions:
1) Am I approaching this in the right way?
2) Am I missing any work that has already been done?
3) Is this something that could be included in the 2.3.1 release?
4) Is there anybody willing to help me?

(BTW, I am using DocBook for documentation, but should be able to convert it to xdoc format for submission.)

Thanks in advance,

Sean

RE: Questions/Proposal: Turbine-Maven QuickStart

Posted by Jeff Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
I look forward to seeing some maven action :) I just don't have the time
to work on it right now but if you need any further work on the sample
apps just let me know. that I can do fairly quickly

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, M. Sean Gilligan wrote:

> >That sounds excellent..  However, you may want to coordinate with the 2.3
> >TDK which could provid you with your turbine:sample app.
>
> I am using Jeff Painter's latest 2.3.1 TDK and the sample app that he wrote.
>
> >  Also, look at the
> >OSWorkflow sample app I wrote for integrating  Turbine and osworkflow, in
> >fulcurm, it could be a good sample to install when you run maven
> >turbine:sample...
>
> I took a brief look at the OSWorkflow component and sample app and at the OpenSymphony/OSWorkflow projects.  They look *very* interesting.  I'll look at them more after getting the really simple sample app working well with Maven.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sean

Jeffery Painter

- --
painter@kiasoft.com                     http://kiasoft.com
PGP FP: 9CE8 83A2 33FA 32B1 0AB1  4E62 E4CB E4DA 5913 EFBC

RE: Questions/Proposal: Turbine-Maven QuickStart

Posted by "M. Sean Gilligan" <Se...@catalla.com>.

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
That sounds excellent..  However, you may want to coordinate with the 2.3
TDK which could provid you with your turbine:sample app.  Also, look at the
OSWorkflow sample app I wrote for integrating  Turbine and osworkflow, in
fulcurm, it could be a good sample to install when you run maven
turbine:sample...

Eric