Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/15 19:59:41 UTC

Why are we disabling 'uses' in our OSGI manifests?

Turning of uses would seem pretty dangerous. Howcome?

Re: Why are we disabling 'uses' in our OSGI manifests?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 15, 2015, at 1:59 PM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Turning of uses would seem pretty dangerous. How come?

At one point, we HAD to disable this.   For the <=2.7.x series where we have the big bundle, if we have the uses turned on, we would exceed the limit of the size of entries in the MANIFEST file and the bundle wouldn’t even load with certain VM’s.    We could possibly turn it back on now that we don’t have the bundle.

--
Daniel Kulp