Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "DeVice, Dana" <Da...@anthem.com> on 2012/05/25 19:19:55 UTC

Axis2 - Upgrading from 1.3 to 1.6.2

Hi,
I would like to upgrade our Axis2 version from 1.3 to 1.6.2 to fix a bug that we are experiencing.

We currently have this dependency in our project:
<groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
<artifactId>axis2</artifactId>
<version>1.3</version>

If I change the version to 1.6.2, are there any backwards compatibility issues or new configurations needed that I should be aware of? I can't find anything on the Axis2 website that address these concerns. Would it be as easy as replacing the version number in our POM, and the transition would be seamless?

Thanks in advance,
Dana

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Axis2 - Upgrading from 1.3 to 1.6.2

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 1.3 released long time ago there are number of improvement happened
in the project. We can't provide any concrete answer about transition
because it's depend on what are features used in your project and the way
you used them. The best way to discover the scope of transition is change
dependencies into 1.6.2 and see what failing etc.

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog      - http://ssagara.blogspot.com