Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jan <cn...@yahoo.com> on 2016/01/31 04:28:34 UTC

flipping ordering of returned query results

Folks;
Need some advice. We have a time-series application that needs the data being returned from C*     to be flipped from the typical column based data to be row based.
example :  C*    data :   A   B  C                     D  E  F
need returned data to be :                          A  D                     B  E                    C  F

Any input would be much appreciated.
thanks,Jan

Re: flipping ordering of returned query results

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
Could you clarify... is this for pairs of rows, or is it n rows with n
columns, and is n a constant known before the query executes or based on
the presence of non-NULL column values?

And is this always adjacent rows using a clustering key - as opposed to a
partition key which does not guarantee adjacency?

-- Jack Krupansky