Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Daniyar Yeralin <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/23 13:51:41 UTC

Cannot create a KIP

Hello,

I was trying to submit a PR: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6592
Matthias J. Sax told me that I need to go through a formal process on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

However, after creating an account, I do not have a permission to create a
KIP. Furthermore, according to https://kafka.apache.org/contributing It
simply says "Please contact us to be added the contributor list.", but it
doesn't specifies how. So, the best way I found is to shoot an email to
dev@kafka.apache.org

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Best,
Daniyar Yeralin

Re: Cannot create a KIP

Posted by Vahid Hashemian <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniyar,

I gave KIP creation permission to user "daniyar.yeralin", assuming it's you
:)

Thanks for contributing!
--Vahid

--