Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 18:26:08 UTC

News on Pivot jars published via Maven ?

Hi to all,
with the 1.3 release upcoming, and old question come to my mind:
availability of pivot jars also via Maven.

I remember a mail of some months ago by Todd or Greg, but someone has
news on this ?
This could be another useful thing for the 1.3 release to have.

There is something that I can do to help on this ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: News on Pivot jars published via Maven ?

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ok, Monday I'll add a ticket in JIRA for this ... maybe for the 1.3.1 .

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
It doesn't look like we have a JIRA entry for this yet. Please add one
so we can track this issue there, instead of via email. Thanks.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> I suggest that we only do 1.3+ to avoid confusion...
Ok, but so if our 1.3 jars doesn't contain the (really required ?)
files under META-INF like LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER) are we ready to
publish (after the 1.3 release has been accepted) or should they be
regenerated (and maybe voted another time) ?

> Signed in Apache jargong only means ".asc" files. Those are so called
> detached PGP signatures, and from that it is possible to verify
> authenticity of artifacts published. See
Ok, I'll try to look, thanks.

> Yes, Maven wants the POMs to be present, but succeeds even without
> them. Maven also have deployment tools, so once the release is
> properly cut, the publishing to Maven central will go via a "mvn
> deploy:deploy-file" which if it is not given a POM will create a
> skeletal one, which I think for our usage is good enough (we don't
> have dependencies).
I agree, I've tried some times, and for simpler projects (in terms of
dependencies) auto-generated poms are already good.

> You can ssh directly to the people.apache.org server with your username
> and password.  Once the server is back up, that is :).  If you're
> in Windows, you'll need Putty, SecureCRT, or some equivalent.  Once there,
> you have shell access, with the appropriate permissions on the appropriate
> parts of the file system :).  I can certainly help more if you're unfamiliar
> with Linux/Unix commands once you get in.
Ok, I'll try after the release has been accepted.

Thanks a lot to everyone,

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Sandro Martini<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It interests me and maybe many others ...
>
> What can I do, send a mail to someone to ask ?
>
> Mentors, have you got some info ? Thanks.
>
> Sandro

ASF projects can get their artifacts published in the central Maven
repository (eg http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/) by copying them to
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/ which
automatically syncs with the central repo. To do that on
people.apache.org copy them to
/x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository. All
committers should have access to do that.

Each artifact MUST have been voted on by a PMC and comply with all the
release requirements like having LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER files, be
signed, and indicate they're incubating artifacts in the name eg by
including the "-incubating" suffix in the artifact name. A common way
of getting that vote done is by including the artifacts to be
published in a staging area which is pointed to in the release VOTE.

   ...ant

Re: News on Pivot jars published via Maven ?

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Sure - if this is something that interests you, please feel free to pursue it.